- Men who have sex with men (MSM), transvestites and transsexual women;
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Not being infected with HIV-1;
- Be willing and able to provide free and informed consent * in writing;
- Possess any of the following evidence of risk for acquisition of HIV-1 infection:
1- Have had unprotected anal sex with 2 or more men or transsexual women in the last 12 months; or
2- Having two or more episodes of anal sex with at least one HIV + partner in the last 12 months; or
3- Having sex with a man or transsexual woman and being diagnosed with any of the following sexually transmitted diseases in the past 12 months: syphilis, rectal gonorrhea, or chlamydial infection in the rectum.
* Free and Informed Consent – Document that the research participant signs and dates for agreeing to participate voluntarily and before any study procedure is performed. The Informed Consent Form (ICF) contains all the necessary information that the participant should know about the study in which they will participate. Information such as the objectives, duration of the study, medications to be used, and the risks, benefits, rights and role of volunteers during the research.